An OEC or Overseas Employment Certificate is an important document for every Overseas Filipino Worker. iDOLE OFW ID serves as license or proof that an OFW is working legally in foreign country. Otherwise, without OEC, an OFW won’t be allowed to work in a foreign country. This means that the OEC is not only a travel document but also an exit pass.
Getting an OEC would consume most of your time. It requires an OFW to endure the long queues at the Philippine Embassy. Good thing is that the Department of Labor and Employment will issue a special ID card for OFWs, the so-called iDOLE OFW ID. This identification card has multiple usages as compared to the OEC.
Basic requirements for iDOLE OFW ID
An OFW who will apply for iDOLE OFW ID must present both primary and secondary identification cards. You can apply for iDOLE ID at DOLE main office or at any regional office near you.
The procedure of applying for iDOLE OFW ID
- The first thing to do is to register an OFW account in iDole ID website at https://ofw.idole.ph/.
- Create your account. Fill out the online form with the required details such as the OEC number, contact number, and email address.
- Your name will be checked from the POEA listing of OFWs registered with the agency.
- After completing the registration process, you can try logging in to your account.
- Click the “iDOLE One-Stop Shop” button and click the “OFW ID Card”.
- Choose the options how the iDOLE ID will be delivered to you. You can select a door-to-door delivery or get it from the POEA office.
As much as possible, you should print the details so that you can present it during the schedule of release of your iDOLE OFW ID.
Another way to apply for the iDOLE ID is through any POEA office or DOLE office. You will need to present the following documents:
- 2 valid ID
You can apply for iDOLE ID even at the country of your employment. All you have to do is submit all the required documents. Your name will be checked from the official lists of qualified OFWs. If there’s no problem, you can wait for the release of your ID.
The iDOLE OFW ID can be used as a replacement for the OEC. This means that there’s no need to get OEC every time you go back to the Philippines. The iDOLE ID is a permanent document that allows a legal exit for an OFW anytime they need to.