In recent news, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration or POEA said that hundreds of Filipino nurses are in demand job openings in Germany. According to the German Federal Employment Agency, the government of Germany needs nurses to suffice the manpower demands in the healthcare sector from 2016 to 2020.
This is good news for Filipino nurses who are presently looking for jobs and want to try greener pasture in a foreign land. Bernard Olalia, the administrator of POEA said that interested nurses are encouraged to apply only through the accredited recruitment agencies or the POEA official website.
Qualified nurses will fill up posts in the different field of specialization such as:
- Operating room, surgery section
- Intensive care, anesthesia
- Geriatric care
- Neurology, orthopedics
- Filipino nurses, both male and female are welcome to apply as long as they are living permanently in the Philippines
- Must be a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Have passed the PRC licensure exam
- Must have at least 2 years working experience (as a nurse) in a hospital, care institution, or rehabilitation center
- Must undergo and pass the German language training
Nursing Job Openings in Germany Salaries and benefits
Applicants who will qualify as an assistant nurse can receive a starting salary of €1,900 and those who have passed the German literacy test will be paid a monthly gross income of €2, 300. The airfare and visa expenses will be shouldered by the employer. Likewise, it is also the responsibility of the employer to find an accommodation for the hired nurse. But, the board and lodging expenses will be shouldered by the applicant.
How to apply for Nursing Job Openings in Germany
Only qualified applicants will be entertained and you can start the application process through online registration at www.eregister.poea.gov.ph or poea.gov.ph. However, the documents must be submitted personally by the applicant.
Upon submission of the documents, the applicant must show the original copy of the documents for authentication before forwarding the documents to the employer. The requirements must be complete as this is a government-to-government arrangement.
- CV and cover letter (in German or English), with colored passport size photo
- PRC board certificate
- Valid passport
- Certificate of employment (notarized copy)
- High school diploma (notarized)
- Nursing diploma (notarized)
- German language skills certificate
Presently, almost 480 Filipino nurses were deployed in Germany. Who knows you too can find a job in this European country.
Read Also: Good news – OFWs Who are working for six years in Taiwan, may apply for residency